BlueStar Refreshment Services has been keeping companies absolutely giddy & gastronomically gratified for more than a decade. With over 150 clients across the US and Canada, we continually seek new ways to reinvent the perfect corporate kitchen.
BlueStar provides unparalleled service across North America, creating a seamless program for our clients whether they have offices in DC, Toronto, Seattle, or Denver. We will support your business no matter where your people sit.
Chief Refreshment Officers
president + founder
Prior to launching BlueStar Refreshment Services in 2003, Ken choked down untold stale snacks and mugs of bitter coffee during a 15+ year sales and management career in the tech industry. Today Ken parlays this understanding of corporate cultures and the need for fresher sustenance, managing the overall growth and strategy of BlueStar throughout the US and Canada.
Director of Purchasing
Charlie joined Bluestar after five and half years as a strategic procurement specialist with Bon Appetit at Google, overseeing hundreds of suppliers who were critical to the success of the Google Food Program. He helped guide product selection through Google’s Micro Kitchen Fairs and played a key role in shaping Google’s snack and beverage portfolio.
Executive Vice President of Operations
Dion joined us after 6 years as a Googler managing their global MicroKitchen program, creating engaging spaces and building community. He drove program innovation through a design-based approach, a process he learned while working closely with IDEO. Dion possesses an engineering degree from Duke, 8 years of experience at E&J Gallo winery, and 3 years at Procter & Gamble.
Comfort Food: Giving Back to the Community.
Realizing the oh-so critical link between local businesses and their communities, BlueStar gives our time, support and resources to those in need. We even offer programs for our customers to get involved and make a difference.
Green: It’s Always on Our Plate.
A certified “Green Business” in Silicon Valley, we make sustainable choices that not only traverse our daily operations, but also extend to our customers – from obsessive recycling efforts to delivering supplies in our low-emissions vehicles to our on-going association with green thinking organizations such as Cool California. BlueStar has been widely recognized for our outstanding green efforts.
A note to our customers, friends, and fellow community members
BlueStar Refreshment Services values the health and safety of you, your family and your co-workers. During this time, we will make every effort to provide refreshment services to employees still reporting to work. It is our hope that having safe access to food and beverages on-site will minimize your employees’ need to go outside of the office and help support the recommendations for social distancing.
We have been closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and have discussed how to limit the spread of the disease with Health Departments in the localities that we operate. We are also closely monitoring the Center for Disease Control’s website for updated information. We are taking the following measures to ensure your safety:
- Any employee that comes to work displaying flu like symptoms will be sent home.
- All employees are required to self-report their health every day.
- BlueStar management and staff will monitor with a high level of sensitivity, the health of our staff.
- All Route Drivers must wash/sanitize hands upon entering any client building.
- All Route Drivers will be wearing and changing disposable gloves and masks while restocking products.
- All coffee/water cooler screens and touchpads will be sanitized with EVERY visit.
- All associates have been directed to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently and to avoid shaking hands, high fives, or other forms of contact that can spread the virus.
- All BlueStar employees have been instructed to avoid touching their eyes, nose, & mouth and to use proper etiquette when sneezing or coughing (use a tissue and promptly dispose or cough into the inside of your elbow/arm).
We will continue to monitor this situation and do our very best to support your needs. Thank you for supporting our business and for everything you are doing to keep your employees and our communities safe!